Here is a cute little activity that combines in hand manipulation with fine motor control to place objects in just the right place. I made some leaves, printed them on cardstock, and laminated them to give them more strength. Then I balanced the leaf on a little cube. It is like the leaf is floating in the water.
Then the students have to pick up small bugs, or squinkies and place them on the leaf one at a time, trying to place them so that the leaf doesn’t tip over. I made it harder by holding all of the little pieces in the hand at one time, and having to move them one by one to the fingers to place them on the leaf.
You can print out one leaf per page, or two leaves per page.
- Leaves to cut out (one leaf per page, and two leaves per page)
- Cube or block to balance on
- Bugs or squinkies to place on the leaves
- Fine motor
- In hand manipulation
- Fine motor precision
Looking to find printable activities? You can find them in the community shop
**** I often will link to things on Amazon. These are usually affiliate links that will pay me a couple of dollars if you happen to buy something while there. Any money made through the Amazon links goes back into this site and helps us keep it going. Thank You.
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Tonya (see all)
- Slowing Down With Scissor Cutting - February 22,
- Balloon Volleyball - February 19,
- Rainbow Fine Motor Activities with Q-tip Painting - February 5,
- Using the Button Sandwich for Sequencing and Writing - January 29,
- 10 Fun Ways to Incorporate Writing into Therapy - January 23,