Spring is here and bugs are fun. I found these bug boxes at the dollar spot at Target, and they had packages of bugs too.
I put the bugs into a pop up tunnel, and had the students crawl in, get a bug with tongs or pinch clips, and bring it out to put it in the bug box. Other times we did this activity on the table by just picking up the bugs with the tongs and putting them into the box.
You could incorporate a scooterboard by putting the bugs all over the floor and go collect them on the board.
Lots of fun potential with bugs.
- bug box
- Tongs or pinch clips
- Optional pop up tunnel or scooter board
- Fine motor
- Hand strengthening
- Sensory motor
- Motor planning
- Upper extremity strengthening
Looking to find printable activities? You can find them in the community shop
**** I often will link to things on Amazon. These are usually affiliate links that will pay me a couple of dollars if you happen to buy something while there. Any money made through the Amazon links goes back into this site and helps us keep it going. Thank You.
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Tonya (see all)
- Slowing Down With Scissor Cutting - February 22,
- Balloon Volleyball - February 19,
- Rainbow Fine Motor Activities with Q-tip Painting - February 5,
- Using the Button Sandwich for Sequencing and Writing - January 29,
- 10 Fun Ways to Incorporate Writing into Therapy - January 23,