Here is a post submitted by a reader:
This is a good activity for drawing circles, handwriting, and cutting, as well as pattern recognition. I created a “caterpillar head” print out and have the kids each color and cut out the head.
Then, they choose three colors of construction paper to use to make the body. They draw three circles on each piece of construction paper (9 total) about 2-3 inches in diameter.
In the circles, they have to write one thing that is that color (for example, on a yellow circle, they might write “sun”).
Then they cut out all the circles and glue them to the caterpillar head in a pattern. In the end, they have a really long caterpillar to hang on the wall!
Submitted By: Hannah Kavanaugh
Below is the picture of the caterpillar head that was used in the pictures. You could easily make your own as well. Click on it to print the full size picture.
- caterpillar head to cut out
- crayons or colored pencils
- colored construction paper
- Fine motor
- scissor cutting
- visual perceptual
- motor planning
Looking to find printable activities? You can find them in the shop
**** I often will link to things on Amazon. These are usually affiliate links that will pay me a couple of dollars if you happen to buy something while there. Any money made through the Amazon links goes back into this site and helps us keep it going. Thank You.
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Tonya (see all)
- Carly Fleischmann Has a Youtube Interview Channel - May 4,
- A Bunch of Bee Themed Activities - May 2,
- Car Mat for Pre-Writing - April 27,
- Flower Pollen Honeycomb Fine Motor - April 24,
- Restricting Children’s Movement and Play Time Causes More Harm Than Good - April 22,