Bouncy balls. Gotta love em. They come in all sizes, and as their name suggests, boy are they bouncy. They are very engaging to kids and they are fun in so many ways
I love this activity because you can be so concrete with your directions. Hold the blue ball with your finger and thumb. Now put the blue ball back in your hand and hold the red ball with your fingers. It’s motivating too because how can you NOT have fun when bouncy balls are involved. I can’t imagine it.
It works great with other manipulatives as well. I like to use little insects, the bug erasers, and the little mini fruit manipulatives. It is great to have the kids move the little manipulatives around in their hand and then feed the munchy ball.
Skills worked on:
• Use money/coins instead of balls
• Use marbles — marbles are easier than the bouncy balls because they are smoother and don’t stick together.
• Use money by feel. Move a certain coin to your palm and fingers without looking.
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,
- Spacing Between Words - November 25,
- Cute felt piggy bank with button slot and zipper - November 15,