Spring is here and bugs are fun. I found these bug boxes at the dollar spot at Target, and they had packages of bugs too.
I put the bugs into a pop up tunnel, and had the students crawl in, get a bug with tongs or pinch clips, and bring it out to put it in the bug box. Other times we did this activity on the table by just picking up the bugs with the tongs and putting them into the box.
You could incorporate a scooterboard by putting the bugs all over the floor and go collect them on the board.
Lots of fun potential with bugs.
- bug box
- Tongs or pinch clips
- Optional pop up tunnel or scooter board
- Fine motor
- Hand strengthening
- Sensory motor
- Motor planning
- Upper extremity strengthening
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,