Activities | bimanual | child | Clothespin Activities | elementary school age | fine-motor | Handwriting | OT | preschool | sensory motor | upper extremity strengthening | visual perceptual
Bugs With Tongs
Spring is here and bugs are fun. I found these bug boxes at the dollar spot at Target, and they had packages of bugs too.
I put the bugs into a pop up tunnel, and had the students crawl in, get a bug with tongs or pinch clips, and bring it out to put it in the bug box. Other times we did this activity on the table by just picking up the bugs with the tongs and putting them into the box.
You could incorporate a scooterboard by putting the bugs all over the floor and go collect them on the board.
Lots of fun potential with bugs.
- bug box
- Tongs or pinch clips
- Optional pop up tunnel or scooter board
- Fine motor
- Hand strengthening
- Sensory motor
- Motor planning
- Upper extremity strengthening
Have you seen these
The following two tabs change content below.
Tonya is a pediatric Occupational Therapist, and loves creating things to work on skills and solve problems.
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Using Pennies and Coins in Therapy - January 1,
- Wrapping and Taping - November 23,
- Rolling Cart with Drawers - July 31,
- Using zippered bags - June 28,
- Writing OT notes digitally - January 9,