December holiday sentence memory

$2.50

December holiday writing is an activity where you roll a dice to see how many decorations you need to draw on your holiday symbol and then you write about it.

Want to gain access to printable resources? Become a member by purchasing Membership: Premium or Membership: Premium quarterly, or log in if you are a member.

Description

Objective

Draw an original picture and write some sentences about it.

Components

Included are files for holiday shapes to give starter ideas, decoration parts list with lines to write on, a word bank list to help with sentence construction, simple sentence list to copy, words from the sentence list to use to piece together into a sentence, word bank list to print and cut out to use to piece together for sentences.

Setup

To prepare the activity, first print out the files. The words for the sentences and the printable word bank words work well printed on magnet paper in order to be used to piece together a sentence.

Other files can be printed and laminated in order to be written on with dry erase marker or crayon and re-used.

Starting The Activity

To begin the activity, you have the student pick one of the Holiday shapes to copy onto their paper as the start of their December holiday picture. You then have them roll the dice and write down the number for each of the decoration shapes. Now you can draw the number of each decoration onto the holiday shape.

Now it is time to write about your holiday. The student could make up their own sentence, or use one of the provided sentences to copy. There is also a word bank for the students to pick out parts of their sentence and build their sentence.

Alternate Ways to Do the Activity

I have the students read the sentence they want to write, then I cover it up and give them the words spread out in front of them. They have to find the words for their sentence and put it together. Then I cover that up and see if they can remember all of the words to write their sentence.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “December holiday sentence memory”

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.