When the weather is warm, it is always fun to play in the water. Here is a fun activity that has water play, with some self-care skills and fine motor skills all mixed into one activity.
When washing your hands, you use visual perception and motor planning to see and physically scrub the dirt off of them. In order to work on this skill using a fun activity, I set up a car wash. Really, I guess I should say bus wash. I let the kids go to town coloring and dirtying up this plastic bus using washable crayons. They had a great time, probably because they were allowed to color on a toy. It’s always fun to do something that is usually not allowed.
Once that bus was good and dirty, the kids got sponges and water and they scrubbed the bus clean.
- Plastic car
- Washable crayons
- Sink or bucket
- ADL – Hygiene
- Fine motor
- Motor planning
- Visual perception
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,