Coloring pictures is good for hand strengthening, and visual motor skills. I have some coloring pages that will challenge anyone’s fine motor skills and visual motor/visual-perceptual skills. These are called altair designs, and I have a book that my mother gave me from when she was an art teacher. As you look at the designs, you see different patterns. How you color the picture will bring out a different pattern. I have an example of one that I colored in two different ways, and it has a completely different look to it. It is easiest to use colored pencils because some of the designs require a lot of detail.
I colored this first picture two different ways.
- altair designs to color
- Colored pencils
- Fine motor
- Hand strengthening
- Visual motor
- Visual perceptual
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,