Money money money money. MONEY. Sorry, got distracted by a song in my head.
You don’t have to be limited by access to a piggy bank. Money is great for in-hand manipulation, and you can just reach into your pocket and use the coins that you have. I carry around a little bank with fake coins because I don’t want to have to go digging in my wallet every therapy session.
Pick up coins with one hand, one at a time, and move them to the palm of the hand until you have a handful of coins. Then move them back to the finger tips one at a time and place them in the bank (or cup, or jar, or coffee can, or film canister) without dropping any of the coins.
Money (the noisy kind although I’d love to have more of the quiet kind)
- Fine motor
- In-hand manipulation
- Do the same activity using any small object such as legos, cheerios, M&M’s, and any number of choking hazards (watch small children).
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,