Cutting with a knife and fork is more difficult than many people realize. It requires good knife grip and positioning, which involves motor planning. You must also exert the right amount of pressure on the knife, which involves sensory perception.
Good toys for working on cutting with a knife are those Wooden Cutting food toys that are velcroed together and you have to cut them apart. They provide the resistance required to work on putting enough pressure on the knife to cut through the resistance of the food.
- Toy cutting food
- ADLs (feeding)
- Cutting with a knife
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,