In therapy I use bowling as a part of many different activities, and to target many different skills, such as scooter board bowling, bowling in a swing, and bowling on a balance board. For summer, I thought we would try a little ice bowling.
To prepare, we first had to put water into some water balloons (and added a drop of food coloring) and freeze them so that we had our ice balls. I used recycled water bottles filled with water as the bowling pins.
The kids enjoyed the difference of bowling with ice. You could add some other educational challenges by adding letters to the bottom of the bowling pins and have the kids spell or write words with the letters that they knocked over.
- Frozen water balloons
- Recycled water bottles
- Visual motor
- Gross motor
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,
- Spacing Between Words - November 25,
- Cute felt piggy bank with button slot and zipper - November 15,