Using a scooter board is great for strengthening both the arms and the trunk / core. Sometimes just being on the scooter board is fun all by itself, but other times you need to provide kids with a purpose and motivation to move the scooter board from one place to another.
Here is a short list of some fun activities to do while on the scooter board.
- Body Bowling. Set up bowling pins at one end of the room, and have the child ride the scooter board down to knock them over.
- Fishing. Scatter magnetic fish around the floor and have the child go find them all.
- Superman catch.
- Pull the child around with a rope or a hula hoop.
- Do a puzzle. Have the puzzle pieces at one end of the room, and the puzzle board at the other end.
- Sorting. Have bean bags or other objects at one end of the room that can be sorted into containers at the other end of the room.
- Shopping. Place play food around the room, and you tell them what they need to find and get.
- Obstacle course of things you need to scoot around.
- Place cones around the room, and give the child ping pong balls that they have to place on top of the cones.
- Follow a path of tape placed on the floor.
- Upper extremity strengthening
- core strengthening
- sensory-motor — proprioception and vestibular
- motor planning
- visual perceptual – visual scanning
Looking to find printable activities? You can find them in the shop
**** I often will link to things on Amazon. These are usually affiliate links that will pay me a couple of dollars if you happen to buy something while there. Any money made through the Amazon links goes back into this site and helps us keep it going. Thank You.