I love the pencil adventures and pencil obstacle courses, and love to use them as a warm up or as a pencil control activity for kids who are very reluctant to write. I will frequently just draw out a path for kids to follow spur of the moment, but these pencil adventures are nice to have available to use as a more durable and long standing activity. I like to laminate them and have the kids draw on them with either a dry erase marker or dry erase crayon. That way they can do them over and over and I don’t have to print them out over and over.
I also have included black and white downloads so that if you want to print out copies to use with actual pencils, it won’t use as much ink. The new pack has nine pencil adventures, and includes:
- dinosaurs (avoid the t-rex and make circles to dig up dinosaur bones)
- monsters (draw x’s to defeat the monster and get to the treasure)
- fair (visit the fair, ride the rides, and order food)
- pet shop (play with the animals in the pet shop)
- princess (ride the unicorn and go through the maze to the castle)
- rain forest (swing through the trees with the monkeys, and feed the fruit bats)
- safari (get your camera ready to see the lions and elephants)
- under sea (swim through the maze and get over the jellyfish)
- wizard (get the keys to unlock the treasure)
Looking to find printable activities? You can find them in the community shop
**** I often will link to things on Amazon. These are usually affiliate links that will pay me a couple of dollars if you happen to buy something while there. Any money made through the Amazon links goes back into this site and helps us keep it going. Thank You.