The kids I work with had a great time strengthening their hands with ball races that I posted about here. I thought it would be fun to use the squirt guns in the pool too.
We used little balloons, but it would work with larger balloons, beach balls, and with the small practice golf balls too. Each person needs a balloon and a squirt gun/squirt bottle. We went across the shallow end of the pool so that everyone playing could touch the bottom, but you could race while swimming too.
You race by squirting at your balloon so that the stream of water propels the balloon on the surface of the water. The winner is the first one to touch the side of the balloon with the ball.
- Squirt gun or squirt bottle
- Hand strength
- Fine motor
- Visual motor
Looking to find printable activities? You can find them in the shop
**** I often will link to things on Amazon. These are usually affiliate links that will pay me a couple of dollars if you happen to buy something while there. Any money made through the Amazon links goes back into this site and helps us keep it going. Thank You.
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Tonya (see all)
- Car Mat for Pre-Writing - April 27,
- Flower Pollen Honeycomb Fine Motor - April 24,
- Restricting Children’s Movement and Play Time Causes More Harm Than Good - April 22,
- Work on Dressing Skills Through Play Activities - April 20,
- I Love the Balanced and Barefoot Book - April 18,