I love using money in therapy, since it provides lots of opportunity to work on fine motor skills and visual perceptual skills. I had a little client that had a great time putting coins into this digital piggy bank.
The benefit of this bank compared to a regular bank, is that in order for the bank to recognize the type of coin going in, there is a bar that moves as you push the money through the slot. This bar provides resistance, so the client has to push hard to get the money to go into the slot. Therefore, not only does this activity work on fine motor, it also works on finger strengthening.
- digital piggy bank
- Fine motor skills
- In-hand Manipulation
- Finger strengthening
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,