I have many kids that I see for problems with their writing, and many times it is not the legibility of their letters that is the problem, it is the spacing of the words. I thought that if they could make their own spacers to use when writing, they might be more apt to use them.
I got some craft sticks which are the size of popsicle sticks and we colored them with permanent markers. I had the kids make several so that if they got lost, they would still have one. Maybe we can get all of the kids to want one too.
It really makes the writing more legible when the spaces are there. Now to get the kids to use them.
- popsicle sticks
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,