Now that I have the new vinyl Munchy Balls, I was eager to use them in messy play. I started simple with water beads, which are the perfect size to feed to the Munchy Ball. It was fun to fill the ball up all the way and then have the ball spit out all of the beads. We fed the water beads one at a time, and we had the Munchy Ball gulp up the beads by the mouthful. The water beads have a soft wet feel to them, and are a messy play sensation without your hands actually getting messy.
To add another messy component, we used shaving cream and made the water beads into sundaes for the Munchy Ball to eat. This made the fun much messier.
After the Munchy Ball gets all dirty from his shaving cream and water bead meal, he has to go have a bath, which is another fun activity in itself.
- Hand strengthening
- fine motor
- messy play
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,