Pulling on small objects is great for working on fine motor skills, and what better small object to pull on than a ribbon. I had some tennis ball containers, and thought that the fact that they are see through would make it even more fun and motivating because you can see the ribbon moving inside the container.
Pulling on the ribbon requires strength in the pincer grasp. To make it, I just sliced holes in the lid, and tied the two colors of ribbon together. Then I threaded it through the holes in the lid and tied knots in the ends.
- tennis ball container, or other container
- hand strength
- fine motor skills
- sensory motor
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,
- Spacing Between Words - November 25,
- Cute felt piggy bank with button slot and zipper - November 15,