Stereognosis is the ability to use your fingers to feel and know what you are holding, without seeing what you are holding. It is always hard to get kids to feel and find objects without looking. You can put up a barrier, but they always try to peek. This cup is a great idea to keep the objects hidden, and make it hard to look.
This plastic container is the size of a large sour cream or cottage cheese container. I put a fuzzy sock over the container, and the child puts their hand into the sock opening to feel for what is inside the container.
This could be a fun game of finding a specific item hidden, or having the student tell what they feel.
- Plastic cup or container
- Fine motor
Looking to find printable activities? You can find them in the shop
**** I often will link to things on Amazon. These are usually affiliate links that will pay me a couple of dollars if you happen to buy something while there. Any money made through the Amazon links goes back into this site and helps us keep it going. Thank You.
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Tonya (see all)
- Car Mat for Pre-Writing - April 27,
- Flower Pollen Honeycomb Fine Motor - April 24,
- Restricting Children’s Movement and Play Time Causes More Harm Than Good - April 22,
- Work on Dressing Skills Through Play Activities - April 20,
- I Love the Balanced and Barefoot Book - April 18,