This was kind of a spontaneous activity. I had pool noodles, and I had pipe cleaners that I was planning to use to thread the letter beads onto, so I stuck the pipe cleaners into the pool noodles to make a tree. The tree worked beautifully to thread the beads onto, and the pipe cleaners were really easy to poke into the pool noodle.
The pool noodle was even able to stand up by itself. The kids were rushing to put beads onto the pipe cleaners, so they wouldn’t let me put very many pipe cleaners in. I will use this activity again, and add more pipe cleaners.
Some of the kids were working on finding the letters of their name in the alphabet beads, where others were just putting the beads on in any configuration.
- Pool noodle
- Pipe cleaner
- Fine motor
- Motor planning
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,
- Spacing Between Words - November 25,
- Cute felt piggy bank with button slot and zipper - November 15,