You can put manipulatives into any container, but when you make the container into a creature that is hungry, it makes it so much more fun to do the work. I saw this cute little creature on Pinterest, but it originally came from a blog called The Preschool Experiment. He was so easy to make, and adds some fun to placing objects into a container.
He is made out of a clean parmesan cheese container, and all he needs is pom pom eyes with googly eyes glued on. I recommend using hot glue or another strong glue because they can pop off easily. We then fed squinkies to the frog (and I see in the picture that we fed a frog to the frog), and practiced fine motor skills using tweezers and in-hand manipulation by holding a bunch of squinkies at the same time.
You could use pom poms to put in his mouth, or any other small object. I would also use chopsticks or clothespins to work on some other strengthening. There are loads of manipulative options to choose from such as mini bugs and mini sea creatures.
- parmesan container
- pom poms
- googly eyes
- other manipulatives
- fine motor
- in hand manipulation
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,
- Spacing Between Words - November 25,
- Cute felt piggy bank with button slot and zipper - November 15,