I have tried out several apps that work on letter writing, but many of them are too “baby” like for the kids I am working with. Your Therapy Source suggested the Writing Wizard App, and I thought I would try it out. I had already downloaded it, but hadn’t tried it yet.
I have to say, I LOVE this app. It has all of the components that are important for me. The things that I love about it are:
- that I can choose any letter to work on
- The child gets immediate feedback on where their lines are.
- they can have fun with the letter right after writing it so it is motivating
- Essentially you choose a letter, and the app gives a demonstration of how to write the letter. Then a red circle with an arrow pops up, and the student has to start on the arrow and follow the direction to the next dot. This encourages correct letter formation. As you trace the letter, different shapes are placed on your line, and once you are done tracing the letter, you can play with the shapes on the screen as a fun reward.
You can also work on writing words, and create your own word list as well as keep track of progress.
I had avoided using the iPad for writing because I didn’t really love any of the apps available, but this one I love.
What do you think about it?
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,