Spreading can be a challenge for many kids, so here is a fun activity that helps practice. You use a pine cone and attach a wire or string to the top of it so that you can hang it once it is finished. You then spread peanut butter all over the pine cone. It can be messy, and obviously not an activity for someone who is allergic to peanuts, but alternate butters can be used, such as sun butter (made from sunflower seeds), cashew butter, almond butter, etc.
Once the peanut butter is spread, you roll and press the pine cone in bird seed. You want it well covered in seeds.
Then you hand it outside in a tree. The birds will love it, and you had fun practicing necessary skills.
- Pine cone (can use a paper towel roll too)
- Peanut butter (or other type of nut butter)
- Wire or string
- Dull knife for spreading
- Bird seed
- Fine motor
- Motor planning
- Visual perceptual
Looking to find printable activities? You can find them in the shop
**** I often will link to things on Amazon. These are usually affiliate links that will pay me a couple of dollars if you happen to buy something while there. Any money made through the Amazon links goes back into this site and helps us keep it going. Thank You.
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Tonya (see all)
- Carly Fleischmann Has a Youtube Interview Channel - May 4,
- A Bunch of Bee Themed Activities - May 2,
- Car Mat for Pre-Writing - April 27,
- Flower Pollen Honeycomb Fine Motor - April 24,
- Restricting Children’s Movement and Play Time Causes More Harm Than Good - April 22,