Tinkertoys are a construction toy that uses sticks and wheels. The wheels have holes in them for the sticks to go into. There are multiple holes for multiple sticks and positions.
It is almost like doing pegs with a purpose, except that with tinkertoys you use both hands to put the pieces together rather than one hand to put a peg in a hole.
The ends of the sticks have notches in them that flat pieces can go into as well. This adds to the construction ability and to the motor movements needed. It requires fine motor control and visual perceptual skills to put the sticks into the holes.
- Fine motor
- Visual perceptual
Have you seen these
Latest posts by Therapy Fun Zone (see all)
- Token Board template - February 9,
- Current Monthly Specials - February 1,
- Bimanual Task Stencil Tracing on a Board - January 17,
- Parenting Prep: How to Get Ready for a Baby When You’re Living with a Disability - January 9,
- A smaller munchy ball pet - December 26,